Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Jamaican Tuesday

-Breakfast was callallu with banana puree, salt fish (cod) with scrambled eggs, and ginger bread muffins that were fried. The hotel maid gave us ginger tea to try this time too. Not as tasty as the Nescafe instant coffee which is surprisingly delicious.
-We are stopping for gasoline right now. Everything is in liters and Jamaican dollars so I'm just watching Surgeon and Ancella talk to the attendant. This place is great.
-Shortly after we left the gas station I started feeling sick. My stomach just didn't feel right. Thankfully Joyce, Dianna, and Jeannette led the lessons this week on cleanliness. It gave me time to sit and drink water. After a while I felt okay and was able to assist Steve with more filters. He wanted me to try a couple and they really are the easiest filter I've ever seen. Today we put 12 filters together, which brings our grand total so far to 22. Looking forward to tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. After a somewhat shakey start it looks as though all is going well. Blessings to Dennis and your team and to those to whom you are ministering in Jamaica. Keep up the good work! Cheryl Bierlein - Immanuel Frankentrost, Saginaw MI

    ReplyDelete